Search This Blog

inmate profile: Charlie O'Connell

The 2 Headed Shark Attack profile machine rolls on, this time spotlighting the film's male lead, the one and only Charlie O'Connell, a.k.a. "Captain/Professor Franklin Babbish."


A native New Yorker, Charlie O'Connell started acting in the late 1990's with a few roles in television - including a 19-episode stint on "Sliders" in which he played the brother of his real-life brother, Jerry O'Connell - but it was 1999's Cruel Intentions that marked the beginning of his film career. Since then, O'Connell has appeared in such films as Dude, Where's My Car? The New Guy, Devil's Prey, Kiss the Bride and one of my modern creature-feature favorites, Kraken: Tentacles of the Deep. If you're a lady or in a relationship, you might also remember O'Connell from a season of "The Bachelor" a few years ago, in which he was, obviously, The Bachelor.

For my money, O'Connell's perfect to play Babish: calmly capable, sharp and ruggedly frayed at the edges, knowledgeable without pretense; in other words, a good, honest, solid everyman, exactly the sort of guy you want to call Captain. See for yourself what all the buzz is about on January 31st when 2 Headed Shark Attack hits DVD, Blu-Ray and Digital.

1 comment:

  1. It's sad that after Sliders, I know him mostly as 'That dude from Devil's Prey!' and everyone gives me the 'WTF is Devil's Prey' look, lol. Granted, I haven't watched it in close to, or maybe even over, 10 years ago now, but I remember Devil's Prey being one of the better DtV Scream cash-ins of the late 90s/early 00s.

    As for 2-Headed Shark Attack - it now holds the record for me as being the only Asylum movie I've ever pre-ordered. Actually, now that I think about it, it also holds the record alongside only the Jurassic Park Trilogy BluRay set as being the only movie (of anywhere) that I've ever pre-ordered, lol

    ReplyDelete